Position Title: Admin & Logistics Officer.
Admin & Logistics Officer job opportunity is available at Plan International for individuals who possess a degree in Business / Public Administration or related field.
- The purpose of this role is to provide administrative and logistical support for the project and the Maiduguri and Yobe field office in line with policies of Plan International Nigeria, donor requirements and Nigerian laws.
Dimensions of Role
- The post holder will contribute to the effective administration and logistics operation in Maiduguri and Yobe office, ensuring the interface between operations and programme team members.
- The post holder will support development of Plan Internationals implementing partners and staff capacity building. The post holder will supervise the driver.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- Provide day-to-day support to staff in general office operations and identify future needs.
- Ensure timely welcome services, hotel and flights bookings and other support services for staff and visitors.
- Coordinate and management movement register for all staff and visitors in the Borno/Yobe office
- Effective management of the office operations
- Prepare and file documents for signature and/or action, as necessary and ensure that that proper filing systems are in place for the office.
- Coordinates the planning and organization of meetings and workshops.
- Ensure that vehicles and all equipment are in good conditions and liaise with the Field office coordinator and Humanitarian Logistics and Procurement in Emergencies Specialist about necessary repairs and improvements as necessary
- Arrange for the repair and maintenance of office equipment and machinery to ensure that staff works effectively without any disruptions.
- Ensures that the SAP system is used to capture all necessary activities as required.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning logistics support operation for the office – effective coordination and use of vehicles
- Perform logistics and procurement operations – Selection of vendors/suppliers
- Prepares and Maintain records of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors and arranges transportation and forwarding services for all orders to ensure delivery on schedule
- Prepare reports on personnel and material movement and ensure that reporting requirements are fulfilled in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure compliance with Plan International logistics standards and regulations
- Ensure appropriate request for quotation is placed and correct quotations received for processing
- Responsible for purchase order creation and maintenance in SAP
- Store Management using specified software
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Procurement & Logistics Specialist and other dotted line management.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- A degree in Business / Public Administration or related field.
- At least 2 -4 years of experience working in administration and logistics generalist role in a
- Experience in use of SAP
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English language
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver PLAN’s strategic objectives.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities.
Apply Before :-
4th February, 2020
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- Kindly indicate the location to which you are applying for. 3 Persons are required 2 in Maiduguri & 1 in Yobe.
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
WHO IS Plan International?
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.