Workforce Group – Our client, a joint Venture Automobile company set up to construct and operate an automobile assembly plant in Nigeria is seeking to recruit qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Chief Technical Officer
Job Location: Kaduna
Reports To: Managing Director
- The Ideal candidate will be working closely with internal and external key stakeholders, regarding technical support for production activities, striving for best in products and business practices to deliver to the customer’s expectations, managing teams and projects across the business.
Scope of Responsibility
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving key performance indicators across all areas of the manufacturing function to ensure that all products are delivered on cost and on time to the highest quality standards. He/she will ensure health, safety and environmental issues are prioritised and facilitated.
Strategy and Development:
- Overall responsibility for Manufacturing activities across the business
- Create and implement best practices manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance.
General and Task Management:
- Lead, develop and implement productivity programmes across all areas of responsibility.
- Provide leadership to sections under control and coach, mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reduction.
Financial and Budget Management:
- Input and hold responsibility for manufacturing budgets
- Prepare the annual Manufacturing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to implementation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to optimize team performance and development.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree in Automobile, Mechanical, Production Engineering or a relevant Engineering / Manufacturing discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years cognate post-graduation experience.
- Must be registered with COREN.
- Must have the knowledge and technical understanding of automotive processes, components and manufacturing techniques.