Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 to bring “Abu Dhabi to the World”. Over the years, we have grown into Etihad Aviation Group, a diversified global aviation and travel company, which is one of the world’s most acclaimed industry brands.
Our airline flies to over 84 destinations with a fleet of over 100 Airbus and Boeing aircraft, serving 18.6 million passengers a year and carrying 682,000 tonnes of cargo in 2018.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Groups Sales Agent
Job Location: Lagos
Job type: Fixed Term Contract
- To manage both direct accounts and groups optimising all guest interactions and opportunities to convert into sales outcomes and maximise revenues.
- To oversee the efficient handling of all telephone enquiries, maintain excellent sales results and customer service whilst ensuring correct implementation of EY policies and procedures.
- Handle direct bookings from Government, Corporates, embassies, sports clubs and travel trade bookings, identifying and pursuing all potential opportunities to exceed the station Groups revenue targets.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the Sabre Reservation system.
- Handle groups enquiries; turning around new quotes within 24 hours and aiming to convert at least 20% into bookings by being pro-active and meeting customer and company requirements wherever possible as per the Groups materialization target.
- Take ownership of existing group bookings and calendar for all applicable deadlines. Complete pre-flight checks for groups to agreed standards.
- Ensure all monies accounted for every piece of business and aim to reduce cost of sale wherever practicable.
- Keep accurate logs of all booking activity, ensuring all materials are properly displayed such that other members of the team can easily access information.
- Keep up to date on EY products, services, policies and procedures to ensure accurate information and correct implementation.
- Communicate Groups policies effectively and clearly to trade and customers to ensure proper adherence is followed.
- Oversee customer service delivery in the department (e.g. answering telephone calls) monitoring against set guidelines and standards and ensuring every opportunity to sell-up to premium classes is taken through guidance and close supervision on groups agents.
- Build good relationships with all business partners and enhance customer satisfaction. Assist the Sales Manager in the development, update and communication of Groups KPIs.
- Produce monthly reports to the Sales team to identify quality agents are quality accounts versus accounts that do not materialize.
- Maintain effective working relationships both within the department and within other EY departments.
- Ensure a can do attitude is applied to sharing workloads within the departments such that all tasks are completed on time (includes Staff Travel, Medas and other administrative work in the office).
- Works as part of a team displaying flexibility and offering support to colleagues when required. Prepare reports as requested by the Sales Manager.
- Maintain and update records of leave applications and appraisals of the team. Including raising PO’s in ARIBA and follow up on station payment where applicable.
Education & Experience
- High school or secondary education is required with courses on airline advanced passenger tariff and pricing. Post holder
- Must have at least 2 years airline work experience, preferably in sales/groups.
Training And Knowledge
- EY/Sabre Reservations systems, knowledge of other GDS systems is a bonus Recognised IATA or knowledge in rules and regulations or airline restrictions.
- Communication and interpersonal Skills
- Excellent written and oral English language skills