Position Title: Legal and Compliance Analyst.
Job Station: Niger State.
Legal and Compliance Analyst job opportunity is available at National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) Plc for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
- The Legal and Compliance Department of NASD requires a consummate legal professional with a strong personality, keen attention to detail and the ability to work as a team player to support its Legal and Compliance Department.
- The individual would be required to have a broad understanding of NASD’s policies, overall mission, and strategy, as well a strong legal background.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
Legal and Compliance:
- Draft, review and advise on legal documentation of all types, agreements, contracts, product papers, within agreed timeframes and under the supervision of the Department Head.
- Providing enterprise wide legal support on a myriad of issues in a timely and qualitative manner
- Minimizing NASD’s exposure and that of its subsidiaries to legal liabilities. Ensuring NASD’s compliance with all applicable laws and providing sound legal advice on legal obligations and implications on the enterprise’s business conduct, transactions, and policies.
- Assist in the provision of company secretarial services to NASD PLC, NASD TGF and NASD Subsidiaries including preparing or reviewing Board papers, calendars, minutes, and action notes.
- Managing external service providers in the provision of company secretarial services to NASD
- Aid in monitoring the activities outlined in the Compliance Monitoring Programme and ensure that the relevant reports are submitted to the department and regulatory bodies by other units
- File and keep proper records of all documentation in the department
- Assist in ensuring NASD is following the provisions of CAMA, Investment & Securities Act, Securities & Exchange Rules and Regulations and that all corporate filings are up to date.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Department Head.
- Drafting of new rules and regulations for NASD and putting out notices to stakeholders as well interpreting existing rules and answering frequently asked questions on proposed rules.
- Periodically amending existing Rules and Regulations in line with current developments and best practices.
- Maintain up-to-date information on regulatory and policy changes and give proactive opinions on proposed legislation that affects NASD.
- Review applications for registration with NASD and maintain up to date information of Participating Institutions.
- Conduct legal research and analysis to develop solutions to OTC market legal requirements.
- Prepare and update the PI Database reports on a weekly basis
- Maintain a database for tracking compliance history and deadlines granted to firms
- Monitor the status of PI Firms and send frequent notifications and reminders to defaulting firms ahead of deadlines.
- Prepare compliance circulars and bulletins for publication
- Prepare compliance reports for the Securities & Exchange Commission on activities of Participating Institutions.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
- Minimum of 2:2 in University (LLB).
- A law degree with at least 3-5 years’ experience in the legal function of a listed company, law firm or financial services institution.
- Strong understanding of securities laws and a good understanding of the Investment and Securities Act, SEC Rules and Regulations, NASD Rules and Regulations, CAMA and other regulations affecting the Nigerian capital market.
- Strong Research Expertise
- Analytical Thinking
- Application of Legal Expertise
- Relationship Management
- Project Management
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Strong experience with MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
Apply Before :-
7th August, 2020.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
WHO IS National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) Plc?
At NASD PLC our focus is on being the hub of first call for capital formation in West Africa. This translates to us working to provide platforms for primary and secondary market liquidity. In the primary market, our focus is to ease capital raise process; and provide secondary liquidity and transparency for Investors who wish to play in our secondary market.