The African Philanthropy Forum (APF) is a strong and vibrant community of partners who, through their strategic giving, investments and influence, foster shared prosperity on the African continent. Through its resources and high impact convenings across the Continent and beyond, APF raises awareness about the important role that strategic philanthropy can play in society. It is committed to creating an enabling environment to transform the culture of giving on the Continent to the extent that it exceeds development aid by 2030. To date, it has reached approximately 1,800 stakeholders in twelve African countries including Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania and Uganda.
We are currently seeking to engage a dynamic, passionate, result oriented and self-motivated individual to fill the position below:
Job Position: Operations Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- Provide financial oversight of organizational operations with a focus on delivering on financial goals
- Design, implement and communicate strategy for operational management and project development to meet agreed organizational goals within budgets and timelines
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems and processes for measuring impact
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization
- Prepare regular reports on the performance of the organization
- Ensure compliance with all legal obligations
- Develop and manage a portfolio of existing and prospective donors to generate revenue for implementing APF’s strategic objectives
- Create templates and processes for grants proposals enabling APF to initiate partnerships of its own
- Review RFPs and write proposals to potential partners and donors for fundraising purposes
- Set and manage performance targets of teams, ensuring staffing levels are met and professional management standards are adhered to while maintaining working knowledge of the organization’s policies and regulations
- Coordinate with different departments for timely support for program and project implementation
- Support the Executive Director in developing and overseeing long term strategies
- Overseeing any other tasks that may emerge as a result of the growth of the organization.
Note: The roles and responsibilities outlined above are not exhaustive. Employee will be working in a highly flexible environment and is expected to carry out any other related duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities as appropriate.
- A University Degree in Management or a related field
- A Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Developmental Studies, or MBA will be an added advantage
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant progressive leadership experience with at least 3 in a significant supervisory position in a growth-oriented organization
- Evidence of strong fundraising and funds management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain donor relationships
- Demonstrated skills in leading diverse work teams and implementing operational and managerial processes
- Broad knowledge and experience in organization development and people management
- Ability to operate effectively both as part of a team and independently
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including above average oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
- Knowledge of principles and practices of modern management and administration
- Skill in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating a wide variety of activities; developing implementing and communicating policies and procedures; analyzing data, making sound recommendations and adopting effective causes of actions
- Ability to handle sensitive donor, programmatic and financial information discreetly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and CV along with three reference and a Cover Note to: email@example.com using “Operations Manager” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.