Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Position: Planning Engineer II
Job Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Shift: Day
Job type: Contract
Duration: Four weeks
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project. Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements. Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance
- Develop, implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Weekly and monthly schedule progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses, including any impact from interface areas.
- Implement and maintain the status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Liaise with and challenge Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Contribute to the translation of the project’s risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates.
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Implement and utilize standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities. Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
- A university degree in Engineering or Science.
- 8 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry in a project environment.
- At least 5 years planning and scheduling experience post-graduation qualification
- Leadership experience.
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment with diverse population.
- Certified PMP planner
- Member of AACE
- Member NSE
- Experience in working in large multi discipline teams.
- Apply Planning Theory & Methods
- Establish/Assure Deterministic Baselines
- Establish Integrated Plan and Controls
- Mature the Plan and Schedule
- Manage Schedule Change
- Project Schedule Reporting.