Position Title: Production Chemist – Forcados Oil Terminal Supervisor.
Job Station: Nigeria.
Production Chemist – Forcados Oil Terminal Supervisor job opportunity is available at Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) for individuals who possess relevant qualifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :-
- If you’re a talented production chemist who’s gained some valuable experience in the chemistry solutions in Forcados Oil Terminal, this role could offer you the chance to drive social and environmental change.
Where you fit in
- We work as one team and are committed to excellence. We are accountable for our work and above all, we work hard to get the job done. We are passionate about innovation and driving positive change.
What’s the role?
- On a day-to-day basis, your role will be to provide first line chemistry solutions in Forcados oil terminal (FOT) operations and provide fit-for-purpose Production Chemistry lab analytical services for the West Asset.
You’ll be expected to:
- Supervise activities in FOT lab and mini-labs in Tunu, Otumara and North Bank to deliver quality data for Wells Reservoir and Facility Management.
- Provide analytical services to support hydrocarbon processing and crude sales;
- Support terminal export capability through treatment and disposal of produced water;
- Maintain technical integrity and sustain ISO/IEC 17025:2017 accreditation and embed Ensure Quality Product mandatory process;
- Support Green House Gas sampling and data acquisition for reasonable assurance compliance;
- Provide process chemistry expertise to mitigate solids deposition and ensure flow assurance.
On a wider level, you’ll be supervising lab chemistry operations where you will be managing the lab and field chemistry operations while delivering high quality data and maintaining applicable certifications for all labs in the West Asset.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION :-
What we need from you:
- We’re keen to hear from passionate individuals who possess good leadership, investigative and interpersonal skills. A professional with awareness of relevant safety procedures, practices and statutory requirements. Beyond that, we’d hope to see the following on your CV:
- University graduate in Sciences; preferably Chemistry;
- Significant experience in cognate E&P experience in oilfield production chemistry;
- Good understanding of oil and gas export terminal operations, hydrocarbon value chain, emulsion and produced water treatment;
- Work schedule: 14/14.
- Minimum of 5 years cognate experience in Process Chemistry and Flow Assurance within the oil & gas industry.
Apply Before :-
16th February, 2020.
Do you meet the criteria listed above? Apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
- Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
- The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
- Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHO IS Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)?
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is recruiting to fill the position of: Maritime Regulatory Compliance Supervisor. The position is located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Interested candidates should possess relevant qualification with at least 10 years work experience.