Quidax is an African focused cryptocurrency exchange. We enable customers to buy/sell Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies (Ethereum, USDT and Litecoin) with Naira.
Our vision, which is at the core of what we do every day at Quidax, is to build a world where sending money and value around the globe is as easy as sending a text message. We value positive energy, and clear communication and are committed to building an inclusive environment for people from every background.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Job Position: Social Media and Public Relations Specialist
Job Location: Lagos
- We are looking for a social media and public relations specialist but there’s a catch we are not looking for the run of the mill. We are looking for a special type of person who takes on social media like fish to water.
- We are looking for someone who we can give free rein over our social media channels and will get to control it like their personal fiefdom. Although with great power comes great responsibility so here’s what you need to qualify:
What your day would look like:
- Create engaging content for each social media platform
- Respond to requests for information release or press conference from the media
- Sipping coffee and wonder about the way of the world. If that inspires you.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the media and public interest groups.
- Coach Quidax representatives in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Plan the development of programs to maintain favourable public and stakeholder views of Quidax
- Write songs about Bitcoin, moons and choreograph the next popular dance steps.
- Write press releases and other media communications that would promote the Quidax brand.
- Analyze and report social media activities on a monthly basis
- B.Sc and experience with managing social media for tech or financial companies are nice to have. In a world where Google exists we trust that you will get a hang of finance/tech speak easily. Although, there will be a lot of learning on the job.
- You have to be open to new challenges. Cryptocurrency and Blockchain can be confusing, so understanding the myths from facts will your first hurdle.
- We are looking for someone who can think creatively and can write witty content that transcends geography and demographics.
- Ability to work in a team. Silos can be good but we prefer them on the field.
- Sound judgment and patience when communicating
- Willing to leave the world of conventional brand guides and create one that resonates with the Quidax brand and audience.
- Ability to do shots on the fly, seriously, the ratio of perpetually sober people to non sober at the HQ is becoming imbalanced in a scary way and very soon all will not be well with the world.