FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
FINCA pioneered the “Village Banking method of credit delivery, now used by hundreds of organizations worldwide. Our programs reach low-income people in more diverse countries than any other microfinance provider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Systems & Network Administrator
Job Location: Owerri , Imo
About the Job
- FINCA is recruiting an experienced, motivated and hands-on Systems & Network Administrator to join FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited, Nigeria Subsidiary.
- This is a middle manager position with a direct reporting line to the Information Services Manager or as may be assigned, and is responsible to ensure that the network backbone and shared resources including servers are configured and maintained in a manner that will provide smooth operation of the IT infrastructure which supports the MIS of the organization.
- These include designs, documentation, implementation, maintenance and support of the network infrastructure to achieve the required efficiency and to maximize downtime as per SLAs.
- The System & Network Administrator is also responsible in ensuring system stability, security and maximum up-time. Monitors access to system resources, tracks connectivity and security problems. Analyzes problems and implements solutions according to organization’s procedures.
- Performs circuit and network troubleshooting to diagnose system problems; analyzes system functionality; identifies, locates, and resolves complex network problems to ensure minimal disruption of critical applications.
- Monitors and reviews system log reports and network documentation. Resolves and repairs problems within scope of authority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In conjunction with FINCA Services Africa, designing and recommending appropriate Network Infrastructure and technologies for FINCA,
- Installation and maintenance of network resources such as routers, switches, firewalls and system software applications, including remote site deployments as required.
- Installation, configuration and updating network server software upgrades, file sharing and domain security protocols.
- Configuration and managing servers
- Design and manage Active Directory
- Setup, manage and enforce group policies and network security policies on the LAN, WAN and Internet
- Installation and maintenance of corporate email systems.
- Ensuring availability of the network resources at all times
- Investigate problems with network components and hardware and ensure appropriate corrective actions are taken
- Oversee and maintain content filtering solutions
- Install and maintain network cabling
- Install and maintain fiber where applicable
- Provide technical advice as required for system planning.
- Developing and maintaining network standards and keep all documentation related to the network infrastructure.
- Regular and timely reporting and escalation of all network related problems to all relevant parties.
- Working closely with outsourced vendors to implement and manage the network infrastructure
- Develop good working relationships with other members of the team and vendors
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree / HND in Electronics / Computer Science or its equivalents
- Minimum of 3years experience within a technical support environment, including hardware, software and network support. Also previous experience as a network administrator.
- Experience in the use of routers, switches, hubs and other network interfaces.
- Proven ability to resolve networking problems efficiently and effectively.
- Knowledge working with Linux and Windows Operating Systems
- Network Storage platforms awareness
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- An MCSE /CCNA/CCNP or Linux Certified is added advantage
- Prior experience working in a telecom industry is an added advantage.
Critical Competencies & Key Deliverable
- Leading with integrity – Reinforces our values through daily behavior and holds others accountable to ethical behavior
- Employee engagement – Maintains a fulfilling work environment and engages staff based on their strengths. Mentors others to develop their skills and provides feedback on performance regularly.
- Responsible for results – Takes responsibility for own actions and manages others to focus on key priorities.
- Recruitment and staffing – Makes quality hiring decisions; Forecasts staffing needs accurately; Follows Company hiring process
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self-available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Financial responsibility – Conserves organizational resources and works within budget guidelines.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in at-least 1 local language preferred.
- Ensure information system costs are within budget
- Ability to get a good return on investment in computerized banking systems.
- Maintain minimum downtime on information.
- Timely and efficient implementation of information system in the Region.
- Timely and promptly delivery of services to customers.
- Ensures financial reports are produced accurately and timely.
- Ensure an efficient information system.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resume to: email@example.com with “Systems & Network Administrator “as the subject of the email. For consideration of your application, Resume must be in Word or PDF format and less than 4 pages.
- Successful Candidate MUST be willing available to relocate to Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
- Also note, interview process will be conducted in Owerri Imo State.